CHANGE

CHANGE. This word has been ringing in my head for a couple weeks at least. It feels like everything around me is changing. Due to a recent fire in my house, all of our stuff is getting a fresh start. What wasn't damaged is getting cleaned and what was is getting replaced. Paint. Floors. Carpet. Cabinets. Rugs. Doors. Appliances. You name it, and it is probably getting a makeover on some level or another. In a few months when I walk back into my house, it will have changed. Sure, it will be the same structure and the same basic idea, but it is all going to be...well, new. That's great, I know. But at the same time, all of the things that were not "new" had a story behind them. The stains on those chairs? The mark on that wall? The hold behind the door? Those all represented laughs and tears and memories. It is just going to be different and take some getting used to.

Right now my family is staying at a the Embassy Suites and, yes, as nice and awesome as a hotel is ... it is not home. There are always people around. I have to ride up an elevator 7 stories just to get to my room--which has also changed 4 times in the past week. Any laundry I want to do I have to take to a friends house or pay to have it done. I mean, on vacation hotels are all fine and dandy, but for normal day to day life they aren't exactly practical. Enough with that, though. I know I'm blessed and I promise I am thankful too...I'm just getting used to the temporary change.

Dance and school are both changing too, although I won't bore you with the details. Saying it is all very different will suffice.

With all this change in my life, I'm left with this hollow feeling.

I just want to belong.

It's funny. You don't really realize how much you depend on your stuff, whether it is your house or friends or whatever, until they are either changed or taken away. Jesus Calling said a few days ago, "Real security rest in Me alone--not me plus favorable circumstances."

Just think about that.

We can say we trust God but it is tested when nothing is going right except Him. The beauty in it all is that while everything around you may be changing--whether for better or worse--GOD IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER. The God who gave you breath and took care of you that day you were at the end of your rope...He is doing the same today. And He will not stop.

Right now, every routine I supposedly had is gone. Nothing seems to be working and to say I'm at the end of my rope barely does the situation justice. However, I learning what life looks like when you rest simply in who Jesus is, what He did for you, and what He is still doing now.

He alone is faithful. He alone is providing for my needs. He alone has got it all figured out.

If a lot of change is happening in your life too, maybe it is God's way of reminding you that He's got this. He is very aware of the situation, hears your desperate pleas for help, and most importantly, will never change.


Popular Posts