Father's Day <3
                                                                                                                                         


I know this is a day late, but it's the idea that counts (;

Father's day is that day when you wake up extra early to make dad's coffee, buy him a cheesy card, give him an extra big hug, and try not to exchange any harsh words. I always love Father's day because it is a day to recognize who my dad is and all that he has done.

This Father's day, however, means a little more to me than any of the previous years. You see, I just returned from a missions trip at an orphanage in Haiti. (it was beyond incredible but that story's for another blog). The entire trip I could not stop thinking about how lonely those kids must feel having no mom or dad. I mean, parents are your biggest fans. They should be those constants, those people you can always count on. They encourage you, care for you, but most importantly love you. Parents should be there for you no matter what.

As I was playing with the kids at the orphanage I started thinking about how, unlike them, not only do I have parents, but my parents are the best of the best. (I'll focus on my dad since it's father's day). My dad, now he is the coolest. He has a generous heart, great personality, and gentle spirit. If I ever need anything I can count on him. He would be the first to tell you that he is not perfect and sometimes he does not have all the answers..

But he tries.

My dad tries with everything in him to be the leader God has called him to be, even though he understands he cannot do it on his own. As far as I'm concerned that is good enough for me. I couldn't ask for a better daddy and the fact that I have one when so many other kids do not overwhelms me with thankfulness.

So today if you have a dad, be thankful. He's far from perfect, but he is there. Tell him how much he means to you because I personally know a few kids in this world who will never get that chance.

Thanks daddy for being all that you are and doing all that you do. You really are the best!

Popular Posts