FAITH

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

I've got the "go" thing down.

While GOING places (internationally) freaks most people out, it is what I was created to do. I've gone to both Brazil and China and I'm not even 16 yet. It took FAITH for me to go to Brazil in the 8th grade for 18 days. It was my first trip out of my Brentwood bubble. It took FAITH when I went to China by myself this past summer at only 15 years old. I didn't know how the money was going to come in nor what exactly God was asking me to do...all I knew was that I was supposed to GO. I am confident that my life will consist of many seasons in which God will ask me to GO; however, right now, He is telling to STAY. I'm unique in that fact that STAYING, rather than GOING, is what freaks me out. So as I'm in this season of STAYING, I'm figuring out what my faith looks like.

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take much faith when I've got good grades, when my acne is clear, when the guy I have a crush on likes me, or when I'm succeeding where it counts. When stress doesn't exist, it is easy to say "Thank you GOD! My life is great. You are in control. I trust you. YOU. ARE. SOVEREIGN." However, at those times, while I'm thanking God, I'm really just thanking him that MY WAY happened. And when I think about my life in the past, MY WAY and GOD'S WAY aren't usually the same. God's way is different. It is harder. It's uncomfortable because it is so full of the unknown. . . . But it's GOD'S WAY. . . . so it's worth it.

Today I'm exploring what it looks like when my life goes GOD'S WAY. Now for me, the past couple weeks have consisted of unhealthy amounts of homework, a stressful and, put simply, not very pleasant job, a painful re-encounter with a guy I used to like, and having to run in the Race for the Cure supporting Breast Cancer, therefore, reliving some hard memories from the season that my mom was sick with cancer. Despite my week being full of tears, heartache, and many questions, God never stopped reminding me that beauty really does lie in the pain. For example, when my heart was hurting in ways I never knew possible, I saw just how incredible my friends are. I realized that when I was my worst, my friends stuck with me. They swallowed my mean comments, hugged me despite my resistance, and helped me laugh through the tears. If this past week had gone MY WAY, I would have missed out on some of my richest blessings.

This week, FAITH meant trusting God to take care of my broken heart, to give me strength to go throughout my day in the midst of painful memories, and to prove to me that HIS WAY really is better than my own. Yes, it takes faith to be a missionary and do the crazy--both of which I know I'm going to do one day--but it also takes faith to trust God is the hard and uncomfortable season of STAYING.

Instead of living for "whats next," I'm learning how to live in the "right now." Each moment of my day takes faith. God's way is more fulfilling , and while it can be harder and a little more painful, He knows my pain. He heals my wounds, catches me when I fall, and makes me laugh when I'm just too serious.

All in all, GOD'S WAY is living in the "right now" and STAYING put, having faith that He will take care of the rest.

Popular Posts